National Standards Cycle Instructor
Contract for Self-employed Services
Cycle Experience, part of the TTC Group have contracts to deliver a range of cycling and walking courses throughout England and Wales. If you have a passion and enthusiasm for delivering cycle training and you have the appropriate qualifications and experience, please submit your details below.
We operate within the following parts of England and Wales:
- London Borough of Harrow
- Thames Valley corridor – Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead, Bracknell and Wokingham
- North Wales – Wrexham, Flintshire and Denbighshire
- North West – Cheshire West & Chester, Halton and Wigan
- South Yorkshire – Rotherham
- North East – Northumberland and Gateshead
We deliver Bikeability in Schools within all these regions as well other cycling and walking services. Instructors wishing to work as a freelance operator with us must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must have successfully completed the national 4 day Instructor Training Course (as an Instructor Training Organisation we can arrange this for you). Provisionally Qualified (NSIP) instructors are welcome to apply as equally as NSIQ’s.
- Hold a current enhanced DBS and ideally registered on the Update Service or be prepared to source a fresh DBS to enable registration to Update Service (thereby making the DBS portable). We can also arrange this for you.
- Ideally have had basic first aid training.
- Hold a certificate for Safeguarding training or be prepared to take our Online module for a small fee to gain your certificate.
- Cycle Mechanics must hold relevant industry qualifications e.g. Cytech or City & Guilds
- We recommend you have your own Public Liability Insurance cover.
- Must have access to the Internet in order to access our course booking and administration system (full training will be provided).
- Must be enthusiastic and capable of developing rapport with groups of children and adults alike.
- Must be calm and rational when faced with challenging situations out on the public roads.
Apply for this position
Latest from TTC
Cycle To Work Day 2017
It’s Cycle to Work Day on Wednesday (Sept 13) when people from across the country are being urged to swap four wheels for two to celebrate the UKs biggest cycle commute. Carol Smith is championing the cause on behalf of the TTC Group, which is also one of the country’s leading cycle training